As many as 1,200 people are expected to participate at a conference that is slated to be held on 4-6 October. In the conference, issues like adult and embryonic stem cell research and other regenerative medical matters will be discussed.
The delegates will ponder over the role of Federal Government in stem cell research work. The researchers want that the Government should make available more funds for the embryonic stem cell research work.
District of Columbia has become the first major city in the US to slap a five-cent levy on disposable paper & plastic bags, which are distributed free of cost with consumers’ purchases.
The move will make consumers bear the burnt of clean up costs for the disposable bags, which congest drains and pollute rivers.
The new law took effect from the very start of the New Year.
Now shoppers at the food and alcohol stores must pay extra five cents for every disposable paper or plastic bag they take with the purchase.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm