The potential of stem-cells will be explored by Tom Okarma, CEO, President and Director of Geron, a publicly traded technology Company based in Menlo Park, California. He is going to commence first phase of clinical trials for a treatment based on the human embryonic stem cell to rectify spinal cord injuries.
The research will take a longer time to complete, as it includes not only finding the treatment for a disease, but also the ways to administer it in the body.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn