The success story of 28-year-old Kevin Systrom - the cofounder and CEO of mobile photo sharing service Instagram - has Holliston roots, with his Facebook page listing his hometown as Holliston, which is a suburban town nearly
20 miles west of Boston. Systrom's father, Doug, is a Human Resources VP at Framingham retailer TJX Cos.; and his mother, Diane, is a marketing executive at Zipcar car-sharing firm.
Instagram's recent release of the Android version of its popular photo-sharing app - two years after the launch of its iOS version - has virtually been lapped up by enthusiastic Android users; with as many as one million copies of the app having been scooped up in less than 24 hours.
That the Instagram for Android app was a much awaited one can be gauged from the fact that the app's pre-registration period - which began on March 24 - captured the interest of as many as 430,000 Android users.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat