Project Canvas, which will bring internet TV to the living room, has been described as "next evolution" of on-demand service BBC iPlayer by Anthony Rose, Canvas chief technology officer.
Project Canvas, a joint venture among the BBC, Five, ITV, Channel 4, BT, Arqiva and TalkTalk, has already been approved by the BBC Trust.
Mr. Rose, the former chief of digital media technology in the vision and online media group at the BBC, has newly joined Canvas. Prior to joining the state broadcaster, Rose was the chief technology officer at media sharing service Kazaa/Altnet.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study