Legal action will be taken against the distributors of a soya milk product that supposedly had seven times the safe dose of iodine.
Al least 25 people claimed that due to high level of iodine in milk, they developed symptoms related to thyroid dysfunction.
The Supreme Court on Thursday filed a case against Spiral Foods Ptd. Ltd., which violated the Trade Practices Act and sold Bonsoy with increased levels of iodine.
The Company has been slapped charges of negligence and the applicants are demanding to reimburse the medical expenses and loss of wages.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn