Legal action will be taken against the distributors of a soya milk product that supposedly had seven times the safe dose of iodine.
Al least 25 people claimed that due to high level of iodine in milk, they developed symptoms related to thyroid dysfunction.
The Supreme Court on Thursday filed a case against Spiral Foods Ptd. Ltd., which violated the Trade Practices Act and sold Bonsoy with increased levels of iodine.
The Company has been slapped charges of negligence and the applicants are demanding to reimburse the medical expenses and loss of wages.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat