Shares in Northumbrian Water have witnessed a climb of 12% following a report that the company could receive a £1.7bn takeover offer from a Canadian pension fund.
Weekend reports that the Ontario Teachers' Pension Fund would mount a full bid for the utility giant saw shares in Northumbrian rise 25p (9.67 per cent) when the FTSE 250 opened this morning.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat