Regulators closed two subsidiaries of Irwin Financial Corporation in Kentucky and Indiana, taking the toll of the federally insured failed banks to 94 this year.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was appointed receiver of the Louisville, Kentucky-based Irwin Union Bank FSB and Columbus-based Irwin Union Bank and Trust Co.
As of August 31, Irwin Union Bank FSB possessed assets worth $493 million and deposits worth $441 million, while Irwin Union Bank and Trust Co. owned assets worth $2.7 billion and deposits worth $2.1 billion.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat