A French government-controlled group is purchasing 100 percent of the progression privileges for a latent third nuclear plant at Nine Mile Point base in Oswego County.
EDF or Electricite de France SA which is a efficacy, 85 percent controlled by the French government, this week declared that it might purchase Constellation Energy Group's 50 percent gain in nuclear expansion group, Unistar. Previous to the $140 million takeover, EDF had controlled half of Unistar, a group formed in 2005 to construct latest nuclear plants.
French energy company EDF and its US nuclear partner Constellation Energy Group Inc. said Friday that they finalized a $4.5 billion joint venture deal.
Under the deal, EDF will own 49.9 per cent of Constellation Energy's existing nuclear assets. Speaking on the issue, Constellation said, "We are pleased that the Maryland Public Service Commission concluded the Constellation Energy-EDF nuclear joint venture.
EDF, Europe's leading power generator, has announced that it had put on sale its electricity distribution network in the UK in order to lift €4 billion to reduce its debts.
At the end of June, EDF was burdened with a heavy debt of €36.8 billion.
EDF, which provides power to about 7.9 million homes in the UK, said a number of parties including Abu Dhabi investment fund had showed their interest in buying the network.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat