Target Corp.'s computer security staff had warned the retailer about the risk of potential hacking attack ahead of the recent data breach but the retailer brushed off the warning, people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
Citing anonymous sources, The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported that at least one Target intelligence analyst had advised the retailer to review the security of its payment card system nearly two months before cyber criminals hacked into the system and slipped away with credit and debit card numbers of millions of customers.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat