The physicists around the Atlantic proclaimed on Monday that they have commenced with the hunt for the elusive Higgs boson, which is the supposed God particle.
The researchers have been using the Tevatron accelerator, brought from Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia.
They told that they have already attained success in removing some added matter from Higgs boson.
Now, they will be able to manage the search in a better way, said the teams.
As per their analysis of the researchers, there is a possibility of the Higgs' presence in the lower portion of the mass range. This will help the researchers in finding Tevatron.
Citing the effectiveness of the accelerator, Large Hadron Collider researchers working at the Swiss-French border said that it is working as per the expectations. It has spotted the group of most needed particles within a quarter.
The border was established in order to spot the Higgs boson.
Interestingly, the team has also managed to locate short-lived top quark in the United States.
"From now on, we are in new territory", said physicist Oliver Buchmueller, a Senior Researcher at the European Organization for Nuclear Research.
CERN oversees the functions at the Large Hadron Collider.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism