It is expected that a waste sorting and recycling plant for Port Pirie in South Australia will not be starting before the end of May in the coming year.
Even though, Port Pirie Council had expected the plant will be ready before the end of the current year, but lack of staff and request from the Environment Protection Authority have ensured that it will be delayed.
Apart from this, Port Pirie Council has confirmed that a recycling program for the city’s kerbside has also been delayed due to lack of budgetary support in this year’s budget.
Port Pirie Mayor Brenton Vanstone has also stressed that this program will also include an electronic waste element.
The Mayor pointed that the legislation for this will also be passed later and it will be ensured that an e-waste element is also included in this operation.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study