Important announcements made during the past tech week include the final shortlist for the fourth annual T3 Gadget Awards and pricing for Microsoft’s Kinect.
The Apple iPhone 4, which has been dogged by the reception issues since its global launch in June, got considerable support from readers which helped it made it to the final shortlist for T3's Gadget of the Year.
Eighteen T3 awards will be handed out under diverse categories including App of the Year, the T3 Design Award and Brand of the Year.
Meanwhile, the Cupertino-based Apple announced the once again delay of the white version of the iPhone 4 saying nothing more than it would hit the stores later this year.
Microsoft also announced pricing for its much-awaited Kinect, a motion sensing add-on system to its Xbox 360 console, which will hit the UK store shelves in November with a price tag of £129.99. The new entry-level Xbox 360 4GB console, which comes with touch sensitive buttons, a matte black finish and in-built WiFi, would hit the UK stores on August 20 with a price tag of £149.99.
While a bundle comprised of the new Xbox 360 4GB, Kinect and a game “Kinect Adventures” will be available for purchase for £249.99.
In the US, Kinect will make it debut on November 4th with a price of $149.99.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study