The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority’s ambitious multi modal corridor project running between Virar and Alibaug got a setback when the authority found that the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is also planning a road on that stretch.
The NHAI is planning to build a road between Dahanu and Ravas, which will enfold a small portion of the 140-km corridor.
The MMRDA admitted that if the NHAI goes ahead with is plans, the viability of the corridor will be affected.
A senior MMRDA official said on the condition of anonymity, “If NHAI constructs a road project somewhere in the alignment of the corridor; it will hamper the financial viability of our project.”
The multi modal corridor project will allow people to cover a distance of 140km between Virar and Alibaug in just 75 minutes.
Consultant Louis Berger has been appointed by MMRDA to investigate the financial viability of the ambitious project.
MMRDA officials have been pursuing discussions with NHAI officials to find a way out of the complexity.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study