The EU has released the list of 91 banks across Europe for stress testing. Even the top banks of UK like HSBC, Lloyds, Barclays and Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is in that list. The list also includes some of the major European banks like the BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank etc.
The test will be done to examine whether the banks are able to survive in future financial stress and crisis. The original list is much longer than it was expected before by EU in the month of June.
The publisher of the list, the Committee of European Banking Supervisors said in total the listed banks represented about 65% of the banking sector of EU.
And in each EU member country the list represents at least 50% of its banking sector.
The Financial Services Authority of UK says that it is 100% confident that the top banks RBS, Barclays, Lloyds and HSBC will pass the European stress tests.
Earlier the Economy Minister of France, Christine Lagarde said that the tests would show the European banks as healthy and solid.
- Hair Straighteners Can Cause Accidental Burns among Kids
- Family Nurse Partnership Programme to be extended in Other Areas
- Healthy Diet Best Cure to Cut Dementia
- Rise in Middle-Aged Drinkers and Illicit Substance Users Adding Pressure on Emergency
- Hospital claims to have proper safety standards but still doubtful about future