Samsung Electronics, which is one of the worlds leading electronics manufacturers, on Wednesday, predicted record operating profit for the second quarter of 2010, owing to sturdy sales.
The corporation is seen as a technology industry bellwether, since it is the world's biggest manufacturer of a number of products, which includes flat-screen TVs, DRAM, NAND flash memory chips and LCD screens, plus the second-leading mobile phone seller.
Its well built guidance for the second quarter, which ended June 30, is of the suggestion that the technology industry carries on rebinding after the global recession last year.
Samsung said that its operating earnings will reach just about 5 trillion Korean won (US$4 billion), whilst sales will strike 37 trillion won.
The 5 trillion won number would outdo Samsung's preceding record high of 4.4 trillion, won in the initial quarter. The corporation will possibly report the concluding results by the end of this month.
Earlier, whatever the firm has predicted, it has always materialized. Samsung almost matched the leadership it supplied in the first quarter, when it informed about its final results in the month of April.
The corporation prediction in first quarter operating proceeds would attain 4.3 trillion won and its final results set the number at 4.4 trillion won.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis