Dr. Jayant Patel, a surgeon having an Indian origin, who had been sentenced to 7 years of imprisonment for the killing of Mervyn Morris, Gerardus Kemps and James Phillips, has now been sent to Brisbane jail.
On Thursday, Brisbane Supreme Court's bench of judges declared him guilty of harming the body of Ian Vowles.
All the three charges were imposed upon him, during his tenure as the Director of surgery at the Bundaberg Base Hospital, from 2003 to 2005.
He was first booked at the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.
A Corrective Services Spokesman told that Patel has been shifted to Brisbane Correctional Centre today.
He further told that officials are trying to establish, which jail he should be sent to, for a permanent stay.
As per the sources close to the officials, Patel can avail a parole of maximum three and a half years.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study