Dr. Jayant Patel, a surgeon having an Indian origin, who had been sentenced to 7 years of imprisonment for the killing of Mervyn Morris, Gerardus Kemps and James Phillips, has now been sent to Brisbane jail.
On Thursday, Brisbane Supreme Court's bench of judges declared him guilty of harming the body of Ian Vowles.
All the three charges were imposed upon him, during his tenure as the Director of surgery at the Bundaberg Base Hospital, from 2003 to 2005.
He was first booked at the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.
A Corrective Services Spokesman told that Patel has been shifted to Brisbane Correctional Centre today.
He further told that officials are trying to establish, which jail he should be sent to, for a permanent stay.
As per the sources close to the officials, Patel can avail a parole of maximum three and a half years.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm