Following a bomb scare, authorities at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, vacated a terminal on Sunday evening for about two hours.
This was a precautionary step taken, after a female called up and said that there is a bomb in terminal One. According to the official website of airport, the call was received at 5.40 p. m. and the port was emptied for search by 6 p. m. and was then re-opened by 8 p. m.
Officials said that at the time of evacuation about 300 people were in the terminal after an unidentified bag was found, but it was examined and cleared soon.
The terminal was so crowded, as these days are one of the busiest holiday travel days in the country. It is also noticeable that the incident happened on the independence day of the nation.
The airport is back to its normal functioning, officials said.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis