All RIPTA routes, apart from special services, are reported to be free on Monday, the 5th July, 2010.
The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management is revealed to have augured that air quality will touch high levels of unhealthiness on Monday, primarily due to boosting concentration of ground level ozone.
Rhode Island residents can lend a helping hand in curbing air pollutant emissions by introducing cuts on car travel and with the use of small engines, lawn motors and charcoal lighter fuels.
Opting bus or carpool for travelling whenever possible, particularly, during high ozone periods can also prove to be advantageous.
The Department of Health has cautioned that unhealthy ozone levels can lead to throat irritation, coughing, chest pain, difficulty in breathing, amplified vulnerability to respiratory infection and exacerbation of asthma and other respiratory ailments.
The elderly, children and people, who suffer from lung diseases, such as asthma, are said to be at a boosted risk of developing these sicknesses.
It has been highlighted that with the rise in ozone levels, the number of people affected, along with the severity of the health issues, also marks a rise.
Ozone levels usually decrease at night and can be suppressed during daylight hours only with our assistance.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study