It has been reported by the Federal Aviation Administration that Terrafugia’s project of making Flying Car got approval.
They have been released from the regulations of the FAA. The written consent by FAA will now permit them to takeoff weight of 110 pounds more than what the maximum weight limit has been set up the FAA for aircraft class.
They are permitted takeoff weight of 1,430 pounds for their project.
According to Teraafugia, they always wanted to manufacture a flying car, which should be categorized in the light sport aircraft category. But due to heavy weight of their machine, they were facing several problems.
But now as they have been granted the final approval, they can easily start the production process later this year.
Flying Car will resemble a mini plane having the capability to drive on roads.
The $194,000 aircraft project is like a dream for the company, which will hopefully come true in a year. The vehicle will be competent of flying up to 400 miles and that too using just single tank of gas.
It will cover a distance of 111 miles per hour.
Anna Mracek Dietrich, Chief Operating Officer at Teraafugia said, “This is a very significant development for us”.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism