It has been reported that very high amount of cadmium was found by the Federal Controllers in the trinkets that were given as free gifts to the children by several doctors and dentists.
They also said that the children were getting these killer trinkets from about five years and no one cared to know that out of what substance these trinkets were made.
As a result, the Consumer Product Safety Commission has taken around 68,000 Chinese bracelets and rings.
They informed that the Cadmium is a metal that can cause cancer. There are various health risks attached with this toxic metal. It has a detrimental effect on the person's bones and kidneys. Parents have been asked to throw away these charm bracelets and rings in the trash.
The CPSC stated that the practice of rewarding kids with charm jewelry has become a routine activity among the doctors and the dentists. But they haven't received reports from any person injured by these products.
Keeping in mind, the safety of customers and children, many firms are voluntarily testing their products to find out, if there are any traces of cadmium or any other toxic product in their toys.
Some years ago, the Federal Controllers also recalled the charm bracelets and jewelry made by the well known brand Disney, as they found that cadmium was used in decorating the jewelry.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn