A recent study has claimed that the consumption of white rice elevates the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. On the contrary, said the researchers that brown rice has the tendency of reducing the risk.
The researchers across the world are experimenting with the effectiveness of the crop in cutting cancer risks.
Lead researcher in the current study, Sun, said that there is a need of cutting chronic disease in order to tame the rapid deaths. He added that controlling diet is a key factor in curbing the development of such diseases.
The team analyzed as many as 39,000 men and 157,000 women. All these participants were made to share their lifestyle patterns and diet. They were also asked if they had any history of suffering from any disease.
The study found that those who consumed white rice more than five times weekly were 17 % more prone to developing Type 2 diabetes. On the other hand, those who took brown rice more than two times a week, were at 11% lower risk.
"I think our current research for rice is consistent with the overall picture in that whenever possible it is reasonable to recommend people to replace refined carbohydrates", said Sun.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat