It has been reported that a Consumer Support Group has asked McDonalds not to offer toys along with the food that they serve to their customers under Happy Meal.
According to them, offering toys made of plastic is an unhealthy practice.
They also said that McDonalds is exploiting small children by way of giving gifts after their meal and in a way, it makes them yearn for greasy food stuff.
McDonalds, which is one of the world’s largest fast food chains, serves millions of customers every day.
Stephen Gardner, Litigation Director for the Advocacy Group said, “McDonald's use of toys undercuts parental authority and exploits young children's developmental immaturity”.
It has been noticed that this is not the first time that an organization is stopping McDonalds for giving gifts. Earlier also, in Silicon Valley County, the Government has termed this practice of providing gifts after Happy Meal, as illegal and it has also been banned.
They said that the parents don’t even know how much harm they are doing to their children by providing these kinds of meals. It can make them obese and can also lead to several other health related problems.
Now, it is up to the parents to make good nutritional choices for their children and to resist their attraction for toys.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study