This week the consumer interest group declared that it is keen on bringing the very important issue of obesity. The Center for Science in the Public Interest revealed that it will file a complaint against Mc Donald as the chain is actively promoting its happy meals. The Center is of the view that the chain is encouraging people to buy food which is not healthy.
Stephen Gardner, CSPI litigation Director, compared McDonald to a stranger in a garden, who lures children with sweets. He said that McDonald uses toys to attract children to eat the food, which is detrimental for their health. He also added that it is taking unnecessary advantage of the kid’s immaturity.
However, Mr. Gardner seems to have ignored certain points. The first point is that over the years there has been a considerable change in McDonalds. It has brought about a change in the working as more and more customers are interested in their health and it is also taking measures to produce healthy food.
Moreover, parents have the wisdom to choose what is best for their child and the accusation of the CSPI that children are like drones is an exaggeration.
Also, the chain is providing the people several options to choose as there are around 24 Happy Meal combinations available.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism