Actor, Kevin Costner has launched the oil spill cleaner device, manufactured by his Company, and is getting it demonstrated for the BP officials.
BP appreciated the machine, saying that the team is too excited about its efficiency. Doug Suttles, BP's Chief Operating Officer, said that the team is looking for the effectiveness of the machine in cleaning off the spill.
"We are very pleased with the results and today we have placed a significant order with OTS and will be working with them to rapidly manufacture”, he added.
The machine basically dissociates oil from the water, and there is a hope that it will perform in a record breaking way at the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Over the last 15 years, Costner had been working on the production of this machine, investing nearly Costner in it. At the demonstration move, the separator effectively removed the oil from the water leaving it 99% clean.
Costner said that if 20 of the newly made machines would have been placed together at the site of the spill, they would have managed to clean more than 90% of the oil from the water.
He further said that the idea of developing this machine hit him, when he watched Exxon Valdez oil spill drill.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis