It has been revealed by a recent study that obese people face troubles with their sexual health. The researchers claim that obese people have less sex and more erection problems. Also, the fatter people were found to face more number of unplanned pregnancies.
It is known that obesity rates in England and Wales have increased three times in last 30 years and presently every one adult out of four is termed as obese.
Obesity has become a topic of concern with physicians and health professionals globally, as it is associated with a number of health problems, ranging from diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis to many other cardiovascular diseases.
All these risks have been well studied but not much was known about the sexual health and its relation to obesity prior to this study.
The study was concluded after data gathered from a large survey on the sexual behavior of French adults was evaluated.
The participants were asked questions related to the sexual behavior including frequency of sex, partners, use of contraception, sexual problems and unplanned pregnancies. Also, the features like the height, weight, age, and health issues were considered while evaluation.
It was then found that the obese females, as compared to those who had normal weight, had 30% less chances of having a sexual partner in past one year. And for the obese males, it was 70% less probable that they had more than one sexual partner during the same time.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn