Multiple reports confirm that on Wednesday, Chris Klein, the ‘American Pie’ star was arrested, as he was slapped with the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol.
It is reported that his car was seen drifting between the lanes on the Los Angeles highway and was subsequently asked to pull over at about 3:15 a.m.
The star underwent a field sobriety test and failed the same. Following which, he was taken into custody.
Confirming the news, the California Highway Patrol Officer, Patrick Kimball said that the 31-year old star was booked and released on his own recognizance.
As per the reports from TMZ, the blood alcohol level of Klein was measured at .20, which is almost three times from the legal limit of .08 in California.
Before this latest arrest, Chris was also arrested once in the year 2004 and was slapped with an alcohol-related bust.
In his previous arrest, the actor was charged with two misbehavior counts of DUI.
Following the same, he had pleaded guilty to the drunk-driving charge. He was slapped with the fine charges of $1,800 and was also ordered to perform community service for 150 hours.
‘Election’ and ‘American Pie’ are the Hollywood ventures from where Chris shot to fame.
His role was widely appreciated in American Pie and thus, he went on to star in a "Pie" sequel.
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm
- Women in their 40s without children have increased in number to double
- GMC survey discovers trainee doctors get bullied
- Search for hips, knees and cataract operations