More than 600,000 orders were taken by Apple and its partners for the new iPhone 4 on Tuesday. Though, the customers were frustrated by the computer hiccups, consequently affecting the Web sites of Apple and AT&T and the ordering system in AT&T stores.
But, the company has apologized for that. Apple shared that it is due to high demand that the problems occurred. The company asked the customers to "try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock."
Apple said in a statement, "It was the largest number of preorders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions".
Apple shares were up 3 percent on Wednesday, to $267.25 and the figures pleased the investors.
Analysts suggested that the number showed that despite competition from hardware manufacturers like Motorola and HTC and from Google's Android phone software, Apple remained a severe competitor in the smartphone industry.
Gerry Purdy, a mobile analyst at MobileTrax shared that Apple magic is still present in the market. But, Apple is leaving no stone unturned to maintain the same clear-cut lead over rivals that it had in the past.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study