The gaming giant Nintendo pulled away the curtains from its handheld 3DS platform at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles.
The 3DS, which will succeed Nintendo DS, produces mind-blowing 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.
The new device will feature a 3.5-inch 3D display paired with non-3D touchscreen, similar to the one found in the existing DS.
The always-on WiFi connection, which will automatically feed levels as well as updates to players, is one of the other striking features of the Nintendo 3DS. The company said the net service behind the always-on updates would be available for free.
The ‘Kid Icarus Uprising’ will be the first game to be released for the 3DS.
Separately, Sony unveiled a roster of 3D PlayStation 3 games that will take advantage of new 3D HD television sets.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm