A number of volunteers have already registered themselves fro the Centralia Relay for Life at the High School Track. They said that the rains will hardly make a difference to their enthusiasm and they were confident of putting up a good show.
These volunteers are highly dedicated towards the fundraising effort in the event so that they can help the cancer patients in their battle against the disease.
The key activities in the event will be team parade, survivor lap and the caregiver lap. The survivors will be honored by luminaria.
Terri Mearns, an organizer of Relay for Life, said that the event gives everyone a chance to cherish the flavors of life and strengthens the hope of living among the cancer survivors and the patients.
It's their way of saying "I can walk this lap... I beat it. Or, 'I can walk this... I can fight it", she said.
The participants of the event remained awake throughout the night as they depicted the idea that cancer never sleeps. The funds gathered at the event will reach the American Cancer Society. The money will then be provided for the treatment of those battling the disease.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study