The H1N1 infection is very similar to the seasonal flu infection and shares many attributes with it. It has been revealed in a new study. The researchers who conducted the study confirm that both these infections share many characteristics. It was also found that both the infections also spread in similar ways.
Health experts feel that the same is a good sign. They also claimed that the similarities will ensure that the measures, which are adopted to prevent infections, will be helpful in avoiding them. Generally, people are advised to maintain better levels of hygiene and also wash their hands frequently.
The results of the study have been published in the latest edition of the New England Journal of Medicine.
Some experts claim that it is very difficult to contain influenza and H1N1 infection. But it is pointed out that wider availability if H1N1 vaccine has helped and it is now easier to contain this infection. People are also more aware of this infection and are taking steps to avoid it.
The researchers also followed 284 family members of 99 people who had tested positive for the H1N1 infection.
It was also pointed out that children were at a higher risk of contracting this infection. The study also revealed that the infection is more likely to spread in places like schools, hospitals and military facilities.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study