A United Airlines pilot has been charged after being arrested by the British police on Monday at Heathrow Airport for going over the alcohol limit for flying a plane.
The 51-year old Erwin Vermont Washington was due to fly from London's Heathrow airport to Chicago.
Air official said on Tuesday that Mr. Washington was pulled from the plane and arrested shortly before the takeoff after co-worker suspected him of being drunk.
After the incident, the United Airlines Flight 949 was cancelled and all the 124 passengers were put on other flights.
Speaking on the issue, the airline said, "Safety is our highest priority and the pilot has been removed from service while we are cooperating with authorities and conducting a full investigation."
The police said Erwin Vermont Washington was charged and bailed and was due in court on November 20.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat