Olathe Relay for Life, which is a fundraising and awareness campaign for cancer research, patient services and advocacy, is set to take place from Friday night till Saturday morning at the Olathe District Activity Center, 20925 W. 159th St.
The overnight event would bring together groups of families, friends, churches, people from neighboring areas as well as businesses, all gathered there with the similar goal: to raise funds for curing cancer.
Walkers are going to hit the track and walk throughout the night, is various shifts, so as to raise financial support for the American Cancer Society.
Cancer survivors are welcome to be a part of Survivors' Lap at ODAC after the launch ceremony at 6 p. m. on Friday.
Dollars that will be raised through Relay for Life help will be given to the American Cancer Society, helping it in its mission of eliminating cancer. Relay for Life helps preserve the organization's toll-free 24-hour cancer information line, 1-800-227-2345, and the website, www. cancer. org.
In order to get involved in Relay for Life or to work as a volunteer, visit www.relayforlife.org or call your local agency at 816-218-7111. You can also e-mail Kala Glass at email@example.com for further details.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn