A seven year old Brit girl suffering from genetic disorder called Hutchinson Gilford Progeria Syndrome has the face and body of an oldie.
Ashanti Elliott-Smith, grows eight times faster than normal, reducing her expected life span to 13. At present, she has been suffering problems of ageing, which include arthritis and a weakening heart.
Her hairs have stopped growing. She has gone bald and bears wrinkles on her face, exactly like an old woman.
She is merely 3ft high with the standard weight of a three-year-old kid. She requires extra protection and sanitation as infections like chicken pox and flu can kill her.
When she was born in May 2003, her weight was 5lb 10oz and she appeared to be a healthy and normal baby.
"I'd had a normal pregnancy and I thought she was perfect. Her dad Albi and I were thrilled", said her mom Phoebe.
She started showing symptoms of the disease when she grew up to three weeks. Her body began to collapse.
At once, the doctors assumed that the baby had been violently shaken by an adult. But within months her condition started deteriorating.
Her mother told that she totters and doesn't gain weight.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism