The Motorola Dext, introduced as Cliq in the American markets, is reportedly doing really well in the UK as well. With the new phones, Motorola hopes to give tough competition to existing smartphones, something which is much needed because the company has not come out with a popular model since the 2005 Razr.
The GSM phone has an Android platform and can be upgraded as and when the users want via thousands of applications from the Android Marketplace.
The Motorola Dext is equipped with a Qualcomm 7201a 528 MHz processor, has Google's Android 1.5, a 3.1 inch HVGA touch-screen, slide out QWERTY keyboard, a megapixel camera, video recorder, 512MB inbuilt memory, a microSD card slot for extendable memory which can go up-to 32GB, long standing battery, and much more. It also offers WiFi, GPRS and Bluetooth connectivity and inbuilt GPS.
A distinctive feature of the Dext, which is also the first company phone to offer it, is the Motoblur, a special "social skills service".
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm