Department store John Lewis has again been able to witness a rise in weekly sales with increase as the demand and purchase of fireworks went 8 percent up from the last year figures. Shoppers in large number visited John Lewis store which has boosted the sales by 7.8% from last week.
The sales of furniture items were pretty high till October 24 and the store has witnessed highest ever sales of beds and bedroom items even after the period of clearance. The store saw increase in sales to £61.89m which is also because of boost in big ticket purchases like TVs, dishwashers and tumble dryers. The sales of electrical items rose by 11.7%.
Additionally, sales rose 9.7% at Home and improved by 6.3% at Fashion. The overall sales at the department store were up 9.1 per cent this year, to £56.4million, which is yet lower than 2007 levels.
“We continue to keep a watchful eye on our two-year comparisons, which remind us we are not yet trading at a level that could allow us to relax or believe that sustained growth will come easy at any point in the near future”, John Lewis said.
An 8% leap in food sales have raised the overall sales at supermarket Waitrose up 10.1% to £84.94m, which has put John Lewis partnership sales at £146.83m, up 9.1% from the previous year.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study