The winter season can be dangerous as 1600 people across die during the season due to various problems including respiratory, stroke and heart diseases in conditions worsened by the cold weather. People also report more cases of cold, flu, depression, stiff joints, and general body aches in the winter season.
Experts point out that there are a lot of ways in which you can beat these problems caused due to the cold weather. It is very important to prevent yourself from colds and flu. Even though common cold is not very harmful flu can cause pneumonia, respiratory failure and even death in extreme cases.
It is also very important not to go out in case one is suffering from these problems. These conditions are easily communicable and can pass from one person to another.
Around 10 to 20% of the people suffer from flu every year. The symptoms of flu include chills and shakes, extreme fatigue, muscle aches, a hacking cough, diarrhea and vomiting.
Cold lasts between seven to 10 days but flu can stay up to a month. For treating flu, antiviral drugs are the best treatment.
It is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in winter and keep exercising. It is also important to take Vitamin C and Vitamin D rich foods. It is also important to drink adequate amount of water.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study