Rentokil's beleaguered City Link parcel delivery unit got a boost in profits owing to recent postal strikes.
As per rough estimates, Royal Mail strikes could benefit the City Link in the range of £1 to £2 million.
The Communication Workers' Union has resorted to a series of strikes in a row over pay and modernization of the department.
Alan Brown, CEO of the company, said, "The customers who switch into parcel-delivery services will switch back to Royal Mail later on, so it tends to be a pretty short-term benefit."
Alan Brown predicted that the company would return to profit during the last three months of the year.
The pest-control company, Rentokil, posted a rise of 3.2 per cent in its third- quarter revenue to £622.6 million.
Company pre-tax profit (before one-time items) soared to £49.6 million.
In the recent London trading, shares in Rentokil closed at 105p, down 6.3 per cent.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study