Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan has informed that the heart bypass surgery that he underwent four weeks ago took a mere 52 minutes.
He updated this on his blog on Tuesday.
Two heart surgeons, Prof. Kenny Sin and Prof. Chua Yeow Leng, took two arteries, one from Mr. Khaw's chest and one from his left arm, and grafted them so as to provide the bypasses.
Mr. Khaw said that his heart had been stopped and its functions had been taken over by a heart lung machine for almost 29 minutes.
He as well used a unit of his own blood for the surgical procedure.
Mr. Khaw on a regular basis donates blood and the blood that he donated sometime earlier was still available.
He said he is grateful to all those who gave him a new lease of life.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study