Cedar Bend Humane Society now-a-days is full of cats and kittens of different type and colours and waiting for the visitors to take them home along.
June is being celebrated as Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat month, and American Humane Association say that celebrating such events is important as 4 million cats end up in animal shelters every year.
According to Jessica Parker, an Administrative Assistant at the Cedar Bend Humane Society, all these animals deserve permanent home with friends and people to care for them and June is a month that witnesses most cat adoptions.
Generally, June is an appropriate month for Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat-Month as many kittens are born in spring and summer.
Parker also informed that the reason behind the higher rate of adoption in summers is that kids have their holidays that time and even if parents are out working, children can take care of the pet and have a good time playing with them as well.
Also, Kaitlin Messer, an Adoption Counselor at the Cedar Bend Humane Society, after losing one of her kitten to illness, adopted a 10-week-old small cat and is happy with the company of little black pet.
Adding more about the good points of adoption, Parker noted that adopting any shelter animal gives a family a new member not just a pet.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis