BGS Global Hospitals has opened a dedicated Center for Cancers of the Liver & Pancreas, to handle intricate Hepato Pancreaticobiliary surgeries, liver resections, radiofrequency ablation, laparoscopic procedures, tumor enucleation, end-stage liver diseases and all pancreatic, gall bladder as well as bile duct disorders.
The center would have an expert team of hepatologists, intensivists and liver transplant surgeons. Latest diagnostic equipment is being provided by the center. It is equipped with a 64-slice CT scan, MRI & MRCP in addition to a dedicated liver ICU with 12 beds, Transplant ICU, incessant veno-venous haemofiltration [CVVH], which makes it the largest in the state.
The BGS Global Hospitals is the 500-bed facility of the Hyderabad-based Global Hospitals Group and the Center for Cancers of the Liver & Pancreas is the part of Group’s Rs. 1,000 crore investments scheduled in 2008 to produce the infrastructure for organ and cancer care among others.
Liver and Pancreatic cancer is the fifth highest cancer, in the long list of types of cancers. Dr K Ravindranath, chairman and managing director, Global Hospitals Group shared that liver and pancreatic cancer are difficult to be treated because of its being unresponsive to chemotherapy.
About 100 liver transplants have already been performed by Global Hospitals at its group facilities at Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study