The Sony PlayStation 3 sales will outshine Xbox' significantly during the current year, Strategy Analytics predicted.
As per analysts' estimates, PS3 sales could hit 14 million as compared with 10.5 million potential sales of Xbox 360. PS3 has already reported an increase of 31 per cent in market share during the first three months of current year.
Analysts said PS3 would continue to benefit from previous year's price cut and introduction of the slim model.
However, PS3 sales will lag considerably behind sales of the most popular Nintendo Wii, which is expected to report 17.5 million sales in 2010.
Strategy Analytics also predicted that overall console sales would tumble year-on-year 9 per cent in 2010 due to uncertainties in the global gaming market.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis