Network provider O2 has confirmed that the eagerly-anticipated Android-powered tablet computer, the Dell Streak, would be made available from June 4th.
The Dell Streak is seen as a potential rival of Apple's iPad which is making its UK debut today. The five-inch Dell Streak comes with Bluetooth, built-in WiFi and 3G. Like Apple's iPad, it allows its users to access e-mails, texts, instant messages and voice calls.
A 5MP camera, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and its 2GB of internal storage, which can be increased to 32GB with the help of a microSD card, are some of the other striking features of the Streak. It also supports social media such as Twitter.
Apple's iPad comes with a 9.7-inch display and allows its users to watch videos and read electronic books. Apple claimed that it sold more than 1 million iPads in one month after its debut in the US.
The Dell Streak's mere 5-inch screen, nearly half the size of Apple's, makes the device fall between a smartphone and a tablet.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn