Google's move of launching a play-able Pac-Man game on its homepage on May 21 cost the world economy around $120 million as office workers wasted 4.82 million hours playing the game, a study by time management software firm RescueTime claimed.
As per estimates, an average user spent 36 seconds more on Google. com, which was visited by 500 million unique users4, resulting in the loss of 4,819,352 working hours around the world.
The estimated wastage of such a huge amount of working hours cost the global economy about $120 million.
Google is well-known for its tradition of using different logos on its homepage to mark special occasions. Play-able Pac-Man game was launched to mark the 30th birthday of the legendary video-game character.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study