The Health Ministry has the support of the Premier on a row with the Human Resource Development Ministry regarding the management of medical education in the nation following the closure of the Medical Council of India.
The Prime Minister's office has informed that medical education might not come under NCHER.
The National Council for Higher education and Research comes under the human resource development ministry.
One of the officials stated that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh might forward support the creation of National Council for Human resource in Health, which is a demand from the Health Ministry.
The HRD Ministry had demanded for addition of medical education in the foretaste of the NCHER after the MCI, which synchronized medical education, was disbanded on May 15.
MCI President, Ketan Desai was arrested on accusations of accepting bribe, in order to give acknowledgment to a medical college in Punjab although it did not obey the rules of the MCI standards.
The Health Minister, but, did not favor the idea and demanded the formation of a distinct governing body for medical education.
The officer stated that it is not recommendable to eliminate medical education from the Health Ministry. The demands have been sent to the Premier.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn