Seeking disciplinary action against Manipur Police Commandos and IRB personnel for allegedly insulting their letterhead at Mao Gate on May 22, the Senapati District Students' Association has served a 48-hour ultimatum on IG (L&O/III) V Zathang.
In the ultimatum, the SDSA stated that a few undisciplined Manipur Commandos and IRB personnel posted at the Gate not only tore the letterhead of the association but also stamped on it with their feet
"The SDSA, while condemning the act as insulting and provoking to create more violence and tension in the area, would like to submit the following charter of demands for immediate action from your esteem end," the note read.
SDSA President, A Pfokrehrii Khrasi said their main demands included immediate withdrawal of Manipur Police Commandos and IRB personnel from Senapati district and an investigation into the incident, followed by a befitting disciplinary action against those found guilty. Besides, the action taken report should be intimated to the office of the SDSA within 48 hours.
Failing this, he said, the SDSA would be compelled to launch a series of protests against the authorities concerned with the cooperation of the general public.
- Cancer charity committee looks for volunteers
- Collapse of non-emergency NHS phoneline leads to doubling of cost to Bolton
- Brit soldier first in UK to receive mind-controlled prosthetic limb
- Since Asperger revelation, Susan Boyle performs on Loose Women for the
- Gerard Butler’s appeal against five-year ban