A recent study has found that eating fatty foods can also increase chances of worsening asthma in patients. Researchers found that this is caused due to increased inflammation on the airways in patients who are suffering from asthma. This can happen just after eating high fat meals.
It was also found that people who ate more fatty foods do not respond very well to asthma treatment compared to people who eat balanced meals. The second group was also likely to respond better to treatment.
Many experts already feel that a balanced diet along with other environmental factors can have an important impact on asthma development. It was also found that asthma patients these days are found more in western countries where more people take high fat diets.
According to a report by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, around 34.1 million people in America had asthma in the year 2007. It also noted that prevalence of asthma increased by 75% between the years 1980 to 1994.
Even though these results are still preliminary, experts feel that people suffering from asthma should stick to low fat diets. These measures will prove helpful in controlling the disease, stressed health experts.
Symptoms of asthma can range from breathlessness, wheezing, and coughing due to the inflammation of the airways. Various factors like air pollution, smoke, and other allergens including animal dander and pollen could be responsible for triggering this allergic condition.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study