A tray of jewelry has been stolen by two men at a jewellery store at Chinatown in central Sydney, this afternoon.
Officers say two men wearing balaclavas used sledgehammers to break a display case in the Sussex Street store at about 1:00 pm.
The men stole a tray of jewellery, believed to be rings, before fleeing in a vehicle believed to be a silver-colored Subaru Impreza. They are depicted as being of Asian appearance.
While specialist officers from the Forensic Armed Robbery Unit are examining the scene, also Detectives from City Central Local Area Command are probing the robbery.
Anyone who witnessed the robbery, or who was in the Sussex St area of Chinatown about 1pm (AEST), or saw the silver-colored Subaru Impreza getaway car, kindly contact phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. the police wants to hear from anyone who claims to be a witness to the case.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn