According to the reports, the new GP super clinic in Nelson Bay will be officially opened by the Federal Health Minister, Nicola Roxon.
The super clinic which is being run by two doctors from Sydney and Melbourne has been in controversy due to the location.
Reports suggest that though the investment in GP’s is widely appreciated and welcome, the new clinic at New Bay could have been located better.
According to Dr. Mark Foster from GP Access, the need for GPs is much greater in other areas of Port Stephens, as compared to Nelson bay.
He further stated that the efforts of investing in general practice infrastructure by the government are extremely appreciable.
He also said that, “There has been some controversy about the clinic. Then thing that has concerned people is that Nelson Bay is relatively well served for GPs and it seems like an opportunity has been missed to site the clinic in an area where there is a much greater shortage of GPs. I guess Medowie, is a good example in the Port Stephens area".
Countering to the apprehension about the location of the new clinic, Ms. Roxon insisted that the entire Port Stephens region would benefit from the clinic.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn