The operator of Argos and Homebase stores, Home Retail Group, said its pre-tax profit jumped 1 per cent to settle at £123 million during the six-month period ended August 29.
Total sales at Home Retail Group soared 3 per cent to settle at £2.8 billion same period.
Same-store sales at Homebase jumped 3 per cent, while Argos reported a fall of 2 per cent in sales from last year.
Argos profits stood at £79.7 million, down £6 million from a year earlier.
Terry Duddy, CEO of the company, said, "The group's operational and financial strength will continue to sustain our competitive advantage in the market place.
Home Retail opened 9 new Argos stores in six months to August 29, bringing the total number of stores to 739.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study