Film4, a Channel Four film production, will be working with a bigger budget this year, after enduring a cut on budgets in previous years because of the global financial crisis.
A twenty percent hike has been granted which nears a £10 million; this will take care of the overall development and take care of the financing of new ventures, reports the company officials.
Channel Four that has been known for its up front and straight forward approach in TV broadcasting, this time repeating the same saga with Film4, it extends its controversial remit.
It will also produce short movies and documentaries that promise to push the limitations and will even stretch its boundaries till zenith.
Tessa Ross, the head of drama and controller of Film4 states that committing an extra £2 million a year will help enable filmmakers to come out with quality short and feature length films, that continues to sustain hope for the future.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat